college mcp-logo-header-white mcpherson

Wheat Belt League Presents Choral Concert at McPherson College

The Wheat Belt League of Central Kansas High Schools will be presenting a choral concert at McPherson College on Tuesday, Nov. 11 at 7 p.m. in the college’s Brown Auditorium.

Dr. Josh Norris, assistant professor of music and director of choral activities, said the college will be hosting about 200 students for a day of rehearsal and then an evening of singing for the public. Norris will be the primary conductor for the ensemble and has selected a variety of music ranging from Handel to the music of a contemporary Kansas composer, Jake Narverud.

“I’m really excited to have the league singers here at the college,” Dr. Norris said. “I am looking forward to working with these young singers as they present a concert for their schools, parents, family and friends. I certainly hope that the McPherson community will attend the concert to congratulate our guests on what I am sure will be an awesome experience.”

Norris has plans to include guest instrumentalists from the area such as Bryan Hess on fiddle and Ty Kaufmann on bagpipes on a few of the numbers.

“I am hoping that we can use some of our local players to add to the students’ performances,” Norris said. “What a cool experience that will be.”

Diane Fast, adjunct faculty in music, will conduct the women’s choir and Dorothy Janzen, adjunct faculty in music, will accompany on piano.

All are invited and encouraged to attend this free event.