Iota Iota Chapter
Beta Beta Beta (TriBeta) is a relatively new club on the Mac campus that focuses on the biological sciences. Tri-Beta is a group of biology students, professors and other students interested in the biological sciences who get together throughout the year to learn more about the biological sciences outside of the classroom and to most definitely have fun!
The purpose of Beta Beta Beta Biological Honor Society shall be to function as an honor and professional society for students of the biological sciences. Its activities shall be designed to stimulate interest, scholarly attainment, and investigation in the biological sciences, and to promote the dissemination of information and new interpretations among students of the life science (Beta Beta Beta Constitution, Article II, July 2000).
These are trips we have taken in the past and have proven to be great learning experiences as well as TONS of FUN! We look forward to many new experiences and trips in the near future.
• Quiveria National Wild Refuge
• Methodist Hospital Lab
• Abbott Labs
We like to get together and not talk about biology!!
• Ice Cream Social for new and returning biology students the first week of classes
• Christmas Party, decorating Melhorn Science Hall
• Induction Ceremony into the National Honor Society, beginning of second semester
• Selling of the former [Harnley] Science Hall marble at homecoming
• Annual Carnation sales for Valentine’s Day
*Proceeds from these fund raisers, as well as support from our Student Government Association (SGA), help make the out-of-pocket costs of club activities really affordable!