Start planning for 2019 Commencement
Commencement is just around the corner, Sunday, May 19. This is an exciting time for our students and their families. Please take a moment to follow link for details that will help you plan and make this special event a great memory for your family. >read more
Capstones & Commencement
Spring is a very busy time for graduating seniors. Find the latest information available about two of the biggest events for seniors on our website.
The Career Services office is sending out the graduate statistics survey. It is important that ALL seniors complete it as the data is extremely important. It promotes our college and programs and is reported to several important constituents.
Housing information needed
The Housing Office has been sharing information with all returning students regarding housing for next year.
- Returning students needed to fill out a housing application and student profile by Friday, April 12. Off campus decisions will be made by May 1. Instructions were sent to students’ Bulldog emails.
- Students not graduating must check out of residence hall within 24 hours of their last final. Coordinate check-out times with the Residence Life staff in your building.
- Summer housing and storage is available. Contact the Assistant Director for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Sign up for these items and make deposit by May 1.
Important dates for returning students
Enrollment in courses for next fall was completed April 12; however, three days been set aside for students to complete all financial and any other paperwork necessary for returning in the fall. Everyone who comes will get a gift and those who complete everything will be entered for a $1000 scholarship! A scholarship will be awarded each day!
May 7th — 12:30-2:30 pm
May 8th — 6:30-8 pm
May 9th — 11:30-1:30 pm
Mark your calendar
- April 19 – Good Friday – no classes
- April 27 – Enrollment for incoming freshmen
- April 29 – Enrollment for new transfers
- May 3 – Awards Convocation, 12 p.m. Brown Auditorium
- May 10 – All Schools Day – no classes
- May 13-16 – Final exams
- May 18 – Commencement rehearsal and group photos, 9:45 a.m.
- May 19 – Commencement ceremony, 2 p.m. Brown Auditorium
- May 20 – May Session 2019 begins
MC student takes first at state science conference. Parkes Wolters, a senior at McPherson College, placed first in the undergraduate oral presentation competition at the annual meeting of the Kansas Academy of Science and Kansas Entomological Society on March 30. >read more
National exhibition awards MC professor. McPherson College Assistant Professor of Art Michaela Valli Groeblacher received first place in the prestigious national ceramics exhibition in Wichita with her piece Clown #2. >read more