A student-design major allows you to explore many career options by combining courses from different departments or divisions into one major.
Past student-designed majors at McPherson include Family Life/Human Development, Pre-Nursing/Human Behavior, Public Relations/Broadcast Journalism/Sports Management, and Bioethics/International Studies/Political Science.
You or a faculty member can initiate a design major by applying the following guidelines:
- Complete a form available from the Office of Student Enrollment Services
- Approval from the heads of each department represented in your major and the Educational Policies Committee
- Minimum of 44 semester hours (no more than 44 hours from a single department can count toward graduation)
- Supervising instructors from two or more departments
- Main courses from two or more departments