Students at McPherson College have many unique opportunities to experience different cultures and environments through travel courses offered during the January term. They find themselves traveling to New York for theatre, China for philosophy and religion, Italy for art history, or to the Dominican Republic to participate in service projects.
Australia – International Business Travel
- Sydney Opera House
- Taronga Zoo
- Bondi Beach
- Wild Life Sydney
Register: G-BA342IT – 3 Credits
Contact professor Porter: 620-242-0538, firstname.lastname@example.org
Opportunities to live and study outside the United States are available to McPherson College students. One program students take advantage of is the BCA program. Rooted in the values of peace and justice, BCA promotes international understanding, awareness of global citizenship, and academic scholarship through educational exchanges. The programs are open to all majors.
McPherson College cooperates with Bridgewater College (VA), Elizabethtown College (PA), Juniata College (PA), Manchester College (IN), and the University of LaVerne (CA) in the BCA program. BCA provides a year or semester of study for qualified college students at the following locations:
- Athens, Greece: University of LaVerne-Athens
- Barcelona, Spain: University of Barcelona
- Cheltenham, England: Cheltenham and Gloucester College of Higher Education
- Cochin, India: Cochin University of Science and Technology
- Dalian, China: Dalian University of Foreign Languages
- Letterkenny, Ireland: Letterkenny Institute of Technology
- Marburg, Germany: Philipps Universität-Marburg
- Quito, Ecuador: Universidad San Francisco de Quito
- Sapporo, Japan: Hokusei Gakuen University
- Strasbourg, France: University of Strasbourg
- Nancy, France: University of Nancy
- Xalapa, Mexico: Universidad Veracruzana
Peace and Justice Programs
BCA has collaborated with international institutions of higher education to offer academic programs that educate students to make decisions for peaceful change in a complex and challenging world. The BCA “Peace and Justice” programs are designed to allow students to study with scholars actively seeking solutions to issues affecting the future of people, communities, and nations. Students studying with BCA will be able to deepen their understanding of other cultures and political perspectives while being engaged with current world problems.
International Seminars for Faculty and Administrators
BCA offers a series of international seminars for faculty and administrators that will provide educators with an in-depth, intensive understanding of other societies and their political, economical, and cultural perspectives. BCA’s international seminars are meant to contribute to the professional development of faculty and administrators who are concerned with deepening their insights into other societies while contributing to the internationalization of their own institutions.