McPherson College uses a variety of assessment resources to inform our assessment practices including:
Helpful Assessment Resources
For everything assessment- “An open learning space that curates content for faculty and assessment professionals through housed resources and tools for student learning outcomes, teaching and learning, program review and accreditation”.
Helpful Assessment Resources by Linda Suskie
A post on January 2, 2016 from Linda Suskie’s blog with advice on resources to get up to speed on assessment.
Course Design and Assessment
Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning-University of Florida
Includes mapping assessments, course and program assessment, rubrics, best practices, and selecting assessment tools.
IDEA Course Evaluation FAQ's
- How do I complete my Objectives Selection Form (OSF)?
- How do I choose learning objectives?
- What are best practices when selecting learning objectives?
- What does the OSF look like?
- How do I add custom questions? (must be added before students begin the course evaluation)
- Any tips for writing effective custom questions?
- Are there examples of custom questions?
Faculty Experience Page
- Where can I view course rosters, response rates, and reports?
- How do I log on to my faculty dashboard?
- How do I view my student roster and evaluation response rates?
- How do I improve response rates? Need additional ideas? Click here.
The Student Experience
- How do students access their course evaluations?
- What does the student dashboard look like?
- Student Course Evaluation FAQ’s
- How do I use instant feedback throughout the semester?
- What items are on the instant feedback instrument?
- How do I set up instant feedback and what does the students/faculty view look like?
Getting & Interpreting Your Results
- What elements comprise student ratings of instruction?
- How do I access and view my reports?
- How do I print my reports?
- What are the basics for interpreting my reports?
- Guiding questions for interpreting reports
- How do I interpret the Diagnostic Feedback Report?
- Where is my Unit Summary Report and why is it important?
- How do I interpret the Learning Essentials Instrument?
- What is a Trends Analysis report?
- What are adjusted scores?
- What are converted scores?
Using Your Results
- How do I get the most out of my IDEA Student Ratings Feedback?
- How do I create a plan to improve instruction?
- What other resources are available related to teaching and learning?
- What if I am disappointed in my progress of relevant learning objectives?
- How do I enhance teaching and learning in the classroom?
Rubric Bank-University of Hawaii-Manoa
Civic knowledge and engagement, ethical deliberation, integrative learning, reflection/metacognition, quantitative literacy, and media and design elements.
Rubrics for Assessment-University of Wisconsin Stout: Polytechnic University
A collection of rubrics for assessing portfolios, cooperative learning, research process/ report, PowerPoint, oral presentation, web page, blog, wiki, and other social media projects.
Pedagogical Practices on Assessment-University of Central Florida
Rubrics for: literature review, assignment/reflection, music, interview paper, essay, persuasive essay, library research assignment, full course, digital video, and project proposal and results.
VALUE Rubrics-Association of American Colleges & Universities
16 faculty-developed rubrics: creative thinking, intercultural knowledge and competence, ethical reasoning, global learning, integrative learning, teamwork, information literacy, and inquiry and analysis.
Student Learning Outcomes
National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA)
NILOA is a comprehensive resource for assessment best practices to make student learning outcomes usable and transparent.
Write High Quality Survey Items-North Dakota State University
Division of Student Affairs Assessment Reports–North Dakota State University
Includes: dining, student involvement, career center, counseling and disability centers, student success programs, residence life, bookstore, multicultural programs, study abroad, international student services, etc.
Direct Measures of Student Learning Outside the Classroom-Association for Institutional Research (AIR)
Council for the Advancement of Standards (CAS) in Higher Education
Standards for higher education programs and services
Glossary of Assessment Terms
Glossary of assessment terms-University of Rhode Island