McPherson College seeks an adjunct to teach two evening sections of Business & Professional Communication in the Spring 2021 semester. A master’s degree in business, communication, or a related field is required and experience in a business setting is strongly preferred.
The right candidate will demonstrate the potential for teaching excellence, the ability to function collegially in a small college environment, and a commitment to the liberal arts.
- Prepare syllabus and teach assigned course based on course outline.
- Complete course paperwork such as attendance reports and grade postings.
- Read and return student work in a timely fashion, providing helpful feedback for improvement.
- Use active-learning pedagogy, engaging students through in-class activities as well as lecture.
- Use accepted writing pedagogy, such as process writing
- Be prepared to adjust teaching modality as dictated by coronavirus outbreaks.
- Master’s degree in business, communication, or a related field
- Experience teaching writing at the post-secondary level
- Commensurate with academic credentials
A complete application packet includes: cover letter, résumé, one professional reference letter, and unofficial transcripts. (Official transcripts will be required from finalists.)
Please complete the on-line application below and include your cover letter, resume, one professional reference letter, and unofficial transcripts.
An application packet is considered complete only when all required materials are received. Only unofficial transcripts and letters of recommendation may be sent electronically via separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications accepted until all positions are filled.