McPherson College’s Department of Modern Languages seeks qualified instructors to teach College Composition I in Fall 2020 and College Composition II in Spring 2021. The Fall 2020 semester begins August 17 and concludes November 24. The Spring 2021 semester begins January 27 and ends May 13. Some flexibility in scheduling and modality of courses may be necessary.
- Prepare syllabus and teach assigned course based on course outline.
- Complete course paperwork such as attendance reports and grade postings.
- Read and return student work in a timely fashion, providing helpful feedback for improvement.
- Use active-learning pedagogy, engaging students through in-class activities as well as lecture.
- Use accepted writing pedagogy, such as process writing
- Be prepared to adjust teaching modality as dictated by coronavirus outbreaks.
- Master’s degree in English or a related field
- Experience teaching writing at the post-secondary level
- Commensurate with academic credentials
A complete application packet includes: cover letter, résumé, one professional reference letter and unofficial transcripts. (Official transcripts will be required from finalists.)
Please complete the on-line application below and include your cover letter, resume, one professional reference letter and unofficial transcripts.
An application packet is considered complete only when all required materials are received.
Only unofficial transcripts and letters of recommendation may be sent electronically via separate email to [email protected]
Applications accepted until all positions are filled.