McPherson College seeks adjunct instructors to teach the 3-credit hour general education course College Composition II in Spring 2020 semester, starting February 3. All open sections meet for 50-minutes MWF at traditional times (8 a.m. – 4 p.m.) Some flexibility will be possible in the time of day sections are to meet.
- Prepare syllabus and teach assigned course based on course outline.
- Guide students to meet general education goals for writing and research.
- Complete course paperwork such as attendance reports and grade postings.
- Read and return student work in a timely fashion, providing helpful feedback for improvement.
- Use accepted writing pedagogy, such as process writing.
- Master’s degree in English or a related field.
- Teaching experience in writing at secondary or post-secondary level.
- Commensurate with academic credentials
A complete application packet includes: cover letter, résumé, one professional reference letter and unofficial transcripts. (Official transcripts will be required from finalists.)
Please complete the on-line application below and include your cover letter, resume, one professional reference letter and unofficial transcripts.
An application packet is considered complete only when all required materials are received.
Only unofficial transcripts and letters of recommendation may be sent electronically via separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications accepted until all positions are filled.