McPherson College seeks an adjunct faculty member to provide private piano lessons for the 2021-2022 academic year, which begins August 17th and ends May 19th. This is a temporary position and is not benefits eligible. With the appropriate candidate, this position could potentially be expanded to include teaching Music Theory 3 & 4 and/or being the staff accompanist for the music department.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Submit required college reports, forms, and grades in a timely manner.
- Develop and follow a course syllabus following established institutional guidelines.
- Meet and communicate with students either before or after lesson times or by appointment, electronic communication, or other appropriate methods.
- Evaluate students to measure their progress in achieving course objectives and inform students in a timely manner of their progress.
- Maintain professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community.
- Attend meetings, trainings, and orientations as required.
- Fulfill other reasonable, related duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent experience) in music or music education is required.
- Demonstrated success as a music instructor either in the private studio or school setting.
- A strong commitment to undergraduate education is essential and is in keeping with the needs and mission of the department.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate an interest in developing a comprehensive musical awareness in all students and will work effectively with faculty colleagues to enhance the offerings of a dynamic and growing department.
Salary: Commensurate with education
To apply, please complete the online application below and include a cover letter, resume, one professional reference which includes the name and contact information, and unofficial transcripts.
Only unofficial transcripts and letters of recommendation may be sent electronically via separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.