McPherson College seeks an adjunct faculty member for a teaching opportunity for the spring 2020 semester, which begins Feb 3, 2020. This is a temporary position and is not benefits eligible.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Submits required college reports, forms and grades in a timely manner.
- Develops and follows a course syllabus following established institutional guidelines.
- Meets with and communicates with students either before or after lesson times or by appointment, electronic communication, or other appropriate methods.
- Evaluates students to measure their progress in achieving course objectives and informs students in a timely manner of their progress.
- Maintains professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community.
- Attends meetings, trainings, and orientations as required.
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent experience) in music or music education is required
- Demonstrated success as a music instructor either in the private studio or school setting.
- A strong commitment to undergraduate education is essential and is in keeping with the needs and mission of the department.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate an interest in developing a comprehensive musical awareness in all students and will work effectively with faculty colleagues to enhance the offerings of a dynamic and growing department.
Salary: Commensurate with education
To apply, please complete the online application below and include a cover letter, resume, one professional reference, which includes the name and contact information, and unofficial transcripts.
Only unofficial transcripts and letters of recommendation may be sent electronically via separate email to email@example.com
No phone calls.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.