McPherson College Athletics Department is seeking energetic, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented applicants for a part-time executive/administrative assistant. This position is a benefit-eligible, part-time, 12-month, non-exempt or hourly position.
This position provides office management and administrative assistance for the athletic administration staff and the MC coaching staff. This is a vital management, communications, and multi-dimensional position. This position reports directly to the Athletic Director (or their designee).
Provides administrative and clerical support to the Director of Athletics and department staff. Provides administrative support to students and athletes. Work closely with all athletic administrative staff and other institutional constituents. Given these responsibilities, a high level of confidentiality and efficiency is required. This position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to effectively interact with students, parents, faculty, staff, and community constituents. Incumbent must be able to manage time and projects well. Maintaining excellent organizational and computer skills are required, along with accurate record-keeping for supporting the department administrative team. Must be able to multi-task, work under pressure to meet deadlines, focus on work while interruptions occur continually throughout the day, and must work effectively in a busy open office. Some of the essential functions of this position are:
- Work with accounts payable to process invoices and monitor budgets.
- Assist with the monitoring of the department’s student work-study.
- Provide occasional administrative oversight for home sporting events.
- Maintain the department’s travel schedule and vehicle rental needs.
- Take and maintain minutes from staff meetings, Hall of Fame committee and other department/institutional meetings.
- Perform other clerical duties: photocopy, scan, and email department documents to external and internal constituents, maintain records and office files, pick up and deliver mail and materials, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A high school diploma and two years of relevant work experience is required. Three years of relevant work experience and familiarity with standard office equipment and the Microsoft Office suite (or equivalent) are preferred.
Some evening and weekend availability is required for this position.
Please complete the online application below and include a cover letter, your resume and the names and contact information of three professional references.