McPherson College welcomes applications for the position of Athletic Trainer. This is a 10-month, full-time exempt position for the College. This position is eligible for college benefits.
The successful candidate will assist in the supervision, planning, and coordination of the assessment and treatment of injuries for all student-athletes of McPherson College.
The candidate will be responsible for providing proper medical coverage as directed by the Head Athletic Trainer. Coverage can, but may not be limited to, home events, away events, and other camps or practices.
The candidate will assist the Head Athletic Trainer with insurance claims processing and proper medical documentation through maintaining quality medical records on McPherson College student-athletes. Furthermore, the candidate will assist in the supervision of athletic training work-study students, as well as maintenance of inventory through regular inventory checkups. There may also be an opportunity to assist the team Orthopedics’ in their facility with intake, evaluation, and care of patients. The candidate may be responsible for teaching courses.
The candidate will perform other duties as requested by the Head Athletic Trainer/ Director of Athletics.
Travel is an expectation of this position.
- Certifications: NATABOC certified, Kansas licensure or eligible, Current First Aid/CPR/AED Certification
- Experience: Prefer experience as an assistant athletic trainer or previous experience in the profession.
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Interpersonal Skills: Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills are necessary. The ability to multi-task and possess good organizational skills are required.
- Other Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office products is required. Proficiency with Vivature software preferred.
Please complete the online application below and include your cover letter, resume, and one professional reference letter.