McPherson College welcomes applications for the position of Building Maintenance Technician.
A Building Maintenance Technician is a full-time staff member of the Facilities Management department. This is a non-exempt or hourly position and is eligible for a generous employee benefits package.
As a staff member, a Building Maintenance Technician is expected to work toward the objectives of the Facilities Management department. This position provides a wide variety of support to maintain the upkeep and structural integrity of all campus facilities. Responsibilities would include but are not limited to, maintenance and repairs on electrical, plumbing and HVAC building equipment, technical and diagnostic duties and any construction task, including carpentry, on-campus buildings. A building maintenance technician must be able to work in a team environment as well as external contractors, display excellent customer service skills at all times and complete duties within deadlines.
A building maintenance technician will be expected to work 40 hours per week – 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. Additional day, evening and occasional weekend hours may be required. The position participates in a weekly 24/7 rotating schedule of on-call responsibilities.
Some tasks may be performed in adverse environmental conditions such as wind, rain, ice and snow or may expose the building maintenance technician to dust, pollen, bacteria or mold.
Knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- High School Diploma or equivalency. College degree is preferred.
- Five years of skill-related experienced is required. May substitute part of the required experience with two years of technical training.
- Ability to use basic word processing and spreadsheet programs is required. Some knowledge of computer-based HVAC scheduling and energy management and control.
- Ability and willingness to understand and communicate with others including people with diverse opinions and values.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities and the embodiment of the college mission related to Scholarship, Participation, and Service.
- The ability to lift, carry, push and/pull objectives and materials of a medium weight up to 50 lbs.
Please complete an application at our Facilities Management office on our college campus between the hours of 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
This position is open until filled.