McPherson College welcomes application materials for the position of Custodian.
A custodian is a full-time, benefits eligible staff member of the Facilities Management department. This is a non-exempt or hourly position.
As a staff member, a Custodian is expected to work toward the objectives of the Facilities Management department. Daily tasks may include: Cleaning college dorms and buildings to include chalkboards and windows, replenishing paper supplies, emptying trash and deep cleaning projects. A Custodian must be able to work in a team environment, display excellent customer service skills at all times and complete duties within deadlines.
A custodian will be expected to work 40 hours per week – 7am to 4pm, Monday through Friday. Additional day, evening and occasional weekend hours may be required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Ability and willingness to understand and communicate with others including people with diverse opinions and values.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities and the embodiment of the college mission related to Scholarship, Participation, and Service.
- One year experience with team cleaning and procedures.
- The ability to lift, carry, push and/pull objectives and materials of a medium weight up to 30 lbs.
Please complete an application at our Facilities Management office on our college campus between the hours of 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
This position is open until filled.