The McPherson College Department of Music seeks a staff accompanist for the 2021-2022 academic year, which begins August 17thand ends May 19th. This is a temporary position and is not benefits eligible.
The Staff Accompanist is under the supervision of the Director of Choral Activities and serves as accompanist and musical support for student recitals, studio classes, lessons, ensembles, rehearsals, juries, auditions, and productions as assigned. With the appropriate candidate, this position could potentially be expanded to include teaching Music Theory 3 & 4 and/or teaching adjunct piano lessons.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Sight-read and play complex repertoire with technical facility, stylistic understanding, and artistry that covers a wide range of vocal and instrumental literature.
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare and perform repertoire for multiple rehearsals and performances.
- Manage rehearsal and performance schedules with students and faculty.
- Perform as a collaborative artist/accompanist as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, or extensive training and 3-5 years of experience.
- Demonstrated success as a professional accompanist.
- A strong commitment to undergraduate education is essential and is in keeping with the needs and mission of the department.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate an interest in developing a comprehensive musical awareness in all students and will work effectively with faculty colleagues to enhance the offerings of a dynamic and growing department.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
To apply, please complete the online application below and include a cover letter, resume, one professional reference which includes the name and contact information, and unofficial transcripts.
Only unofficial transcripts and letters of recommendation may be sent electronically via separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.