Dr. Allan van Asselt Ph.D.Professor of Chemistry Natural Sciences
B.A., McPherson College
Ph.D., California Institute of Technology
Allan van Asselt, Ph.D.
Professor of Natural Science/Chemistry
Office: Melhorn 228
Office Extension: 2557
Direct Number: 620-242-0558
ADVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES – WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM ME
- Discuss and approve your course selections for individual semesters.
- Facilitate issues related to course scheduling conflicts.
- Offer alternatives when certain course selections don’t work out.
- Get to know you well enough to help align your courses/major with your longer term goals.
- Anticipate issues down the road related to course rotation schedules.
- Respond in a timely manner to emails and/or phone calls.
- Facilitate accessing appropriate college resources.
- Listen if you need to talk.
ADVISEE RESPONSIBILITIES – WHAT YOU ARE EXPECTED TO DO
- Schedule meetings in advance preferably at least once a semester.
- Come with your schedule completed.
- Ask questions when you need help.
- Become aware of college rules and processes related to your studies.
- Take ownership of your educational process.
- Show up for meetings or let me know in a timely manner.
- Schedule junior and senior graduation checks with the registrar.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Advising science majors
- Exploring post graduate options
EXPERIENCES AND HOBBIES
- Music festivals and concerts