Dr. Manjula Koralegedara Ph.D.Associate Professor of Chemistry
B.S., University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
M.S., Wichita State University
Ph.D., Wichita State University
Associate Professor of Chemistry
Office: Melhorn 227
Office Extension: 2556
ADVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES – WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM ME
- Advise you about your academic program and post graduate plans: If you are planning to go into a (health) professional or graduate school – advise you about the recommended courses you need to take, the standardized tests you need to take and help you with finding possible schools.
- Assist you in completing a four year plan and your enrollment.
- Answer many college related questions.
- Serve as a professional reference when you apply for work/ graduate school etc.
- Could be a good listener – when and if you need one.
ADVISEE RESPONSIBILITIES – WHAT YOU ARE EXPECTED TO DO
- Schedule appointments and meet with me several times during the regular semester – this would help us understand each other and your academic progress.
- Have an idea about the required courses in your major and the general education requirements – if you do not know those, please schedule a meeting with me to go over the requirements.
- Ask questions if you are not clear about major requirements, general education requirements or if you have concerns about your academic progress in general.
- Be familiar with the college policies and procedures, if not, ask questions.
- Accept the fact that you are responsible for the decisions you make.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Pre-health professions club – advising
- Research advising
- Was an international student – can understand and have experience with other cultures.