McPherson College is offering an accelerated teacher education program to incoming freshman which leads to:
B.S. in Elementary Education and M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction degrees
with licensure in K-6 Elementary Education
plus an added endorsement of either ESOL or Special Education
completed in just four years.
- Higher starting wage for teachers with an M.Ed.
- More marketable with added endorsements
- Cost savings of at least $10,000 by getting your M.Ed. in 4 years
- Teacher Education program scholarships available
- A minimum 139 credit hours are required (30 hours are graduate level).
- Candidates will need to enroll in a full load each year of 15-17 hours/semester and interterms.
- While taking a full load, candidates will also need to transfer in 3 to 6 additional credit hours to meet the graduate requirements for the SPED or ESOL options.
- Any additional credits transferred in will allow the candidate to lighten his/her load in a semester.
- This program is prescribed. There is very little flexibility in the course schedule.
- Candidates will need to be accepted and enrolled by May 1 to enter the program.
- Some graduate level classes will be offered in the evenings.
Contact the Admissions Office for more information at (800) 365-7402 or firstname.lastname@example.org