Recommended computer requirements, good thru ’18-’19 academic year:
- 6th Gen Intel Core i5 – 2.6 GHz (or equivalent) or greater (IBM compatible)
- at least 500 GB hard drive
- at least 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM
- High Definition Graphics card with 1 GB RAM
- Windows 8.1 64-bit OS or higher (Windows 10 Recommended)
- 100/1000 Mbps RJ-45 ethernet network adaptor or 802.11AC wireless adapter (Students living in Baer Apartments require a wireless network connection).
- 10X DVD-RW/40X CD-ROM/CD-RW
- Any modern LCD/LED Monitor, due to room sizes we recommend no bigger than a 27” for desktop monitors.
- Office 365 Pro Plus (for Mac and PC) is available for students of McPherson College: Cost: FREE
- Anti-Virus software
- Apple computers are also compatible with the campus network, minimum suggested Apple operating version: El Capitan.
- Google Chromebooks are also compatible with the campus network, we recommend a Chromebook that is no more than 2 years old.
- Apple iOS, Android based, and Window’s based Tablets are also compatible for basic tasks such as checking email and limited document creation\editing using the O365 Apps.