This guide is intended to make the process of returning for next semester as clear as possible for students and their families. Please let us know if you have any questions. This guide maps out the process and addresses a few questions that may come up along the way.
You can complete your financial aid, housing, and enrollment in whichever order is convenient. However, there are specific dates that you will need to be aware of as you plan for returning in the fall.
Important Dates for 2018
- Feb 19-23 Financial Aid Open House
- March 27 Enrollment opens for upcoming and returning Seniors
- April 1 Deadline for completing Student Profile and Housing Form
- April 1 FAFSA Deadline for Kansas Comprehensive Grant
- April 2 Enrollment opens for upcoming Juniors
- April 9 Enrollment opens for upcoming Sophomores
- April 21 Enrollment opens for all new students
- May 8,9,10 Enrollment Extravaganza
- July 1 Payment plan enrollment opens (TMS)
- July 1 Online Bookstore opens with Fall 2018 books
- August 1 Payment Selection Form due ($100 fee charged after August 15)
- August 15 First payment due
Miller Library 9am-3pm: All returning students must confirm enrollment, financial aid and billing in Miller Library
- August 8 Football, Cheer
- August 9 Soccer, Volleyball
- August 13 Cross Country (1-3pm)
- August 13-15 International Students (required orientation begins August 16)
- August 19 Residence Halls open and check-in (noon-6pm Miller Library)
- August 20 All remaining returners check-in
- August 20 Night classes begin
- August 21 Day classes begin
** There is a $150 one-time fee and $15 per day for early arrival. If you are needing to arrive early you must notify student life at firstname.lastname@example.org 48 hours prior to your arrival.
- Student Profile & Housing Application
Please remember that all students, regardless of where they are living or intend to live, must complete the Student Profile & Housing Application. If a student is a junior or senior and will request to live off, they must first fill out the housing application and then the off-campus application. The housing application must be completed so that Student Services can verify insurance, vehicle make/model for a free parking pass, and emergency contact information.Housing placements will be completed over the summer. Due to the nature of enrollment, housing is always subject to change.Returning students should complete their housing application by April 1. Every student must complete the Student Profile & Housing Application, even if they will be requesting to live off-campus.
- Complete the FAFSA!
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible to be considered for limited, federally funded aid. Kansas students must complete the FAFSA by April 1 in order to be considered for the Kansas Comprehensive Grant. www.fafsa.ed.gov
- What if I am selected for verification?
The federal verification selection process is implemented by the Department of Education. If you are selected for verification, we will notify you of the documentation needed.
- Accepting your Financial Aid Awards
Award notices are called FANs – Financial Aid Award Notification. When you are notified of a new FAN you need to “accept” your award in order for it to be a applied to your account. Go to BULLDOG CONNECT at my.mcpherson.edu to view and “accept” your award.
- Financial Aid Open House
The Financial Aid Office will host an Open House the week of February 19-23. Students are welcome to come by to get assistance with the FAFSA, ask questions about financial aid and register to win prizes! Please don’t miss this opportunity to get one-on-one help from our staff.
Register for Classes
With growing enrollment, classes fill up quickly so be aware of your scheduled enrollment dates. Enrollment is open to returning students beginning March 27.
Stop by the enrollment extravaganza May 8, 9 or 10 to confirm that you have everything completed to return to MC for Fall 2018. All students who stop by will receive a gift. Those who have everything completed will be entered into a drawing for $1000, $2000 and $3000 scholarships in addition to your current institutional scholarships.
It is important to complete housing, financial aid, and enrollment for an accurate billing statement. You may view and print your statement from your Bulldog Connect account.
Log in to Bulldog Connect at my.mcpherson.edu, click on the Current Student tab at the top of the page. In the My Account Info section click on Course and Fee Statement. Select the Fall 2018 term and click on Generate My Course and Fee Statement.
Payment can be made ONLINE through BULLDOG CONNECT or as a one-time payment at www.mcpherson.afford.com.
Download the Payment Selection form on BULLDOG CONNECT.
Payment arrangements must be made by August 1 by completing the Payment Selection Form found on Bulldog Connect. Payment is due August 15 for the fall semester. A $100 fee will be added to the student account if the deadline is not met.
McPherson College offers students and families several options to assist in caring for the balance due.
- Credit Card – online at BULLDOG CONNECT or by phone at 800-365-7402 or 620-242-0450
- Payment Plan – go to www.mcpherson.afford.com to sign up for monthly payments through TMS
- Parent Loan for Undergrad Students (PLUS)
- Private Education Loans
Please view your bill online at BULLDOG CONNECT available after June 1. A paper bill will not be mailed to you.
Bulldog Connect is the online portal for all student information, including Financial Aid, Billing, and Class Schedules. It is important to check all areas of Bulldog Connect.
Click on the following to stay up to date on your student record:
- Current Students tab at the top
- Financial Aid
– Financial Aid Awards
– Financial Aid Document Tracking
- Residence Hall and Roomate Information (available after July 1)
– My Account Information
– Choose S/A FA18
– After you have enrolled for 18-19
– Academic Information
– View Details
– Choose FA 2018
Order Books Online
Beginning July 1 students may go online at mcpherson.textbookx.com to order their books for the fall semester. Students should order books prior to arriving on campus.