- Associate Professor of Business
B.S. Manchester College
M.B.A. Emporia State University
Ph.D. Kansas State University
I see my role as a college professor informed by these seven characteristics.
- Be a Servant. Serve student needs, facilitating student learning and growth with humility; helpfulness; taking initiative and intervening where needed; and leading with a servant’s heart.
- Be Generous: Be generous with my time, skill, and ability in pursuing student learning and growth outside and inside the classroom.
- Have Integrity: Be honest with myself and others; understanding what being true to who you are means. Help students increase their capabilities, abilities, and skills so they can provide greater service to others.
- Create Community: Learning within community increases knowledge, wisdom, and discernment. Providing a classroom environment that encourages mutual accountability and respect by fostering an understanding that being dependable is important not only for my personal development but for the development of others.
- Pursue Excellence: Help students understand that excellence is not being perfect, it is being willing to take risks, make mistakes and learn from them. It is a commitment to improvement knowing that through the process excellence results.
- Exhibit Graciousness: Be willing to forgive and accept responsibility for my actions, knowing that forgiveness involves sacrifice. When appropriate, be willing to intervene in disagreements between others facilitating reconciliation.
- Understand Hope and Foster Legacy: Create an environment where students are encouraged, knowing that there is hope and its source. Help students understand that hope affects legacy.
- Phone: (620) 242-0400
- Email: [email protected]