Financial Aid Process
In order to be considered for financial aid, a student must:
- Submit your Application for Admission, and academic transcripts to McPherson College as soon as possible.
Students must be admitted to McPherson College in order to be considered for aid.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Filing begins October 1.
McPherson College Federal school code: 001933
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) and submit verification documentation to the Financial Aid Office.
Students whose Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is selected by the Department of Education for verification must complete the Verification Worksheet (Dependent, Independent), and submit signed copies of the principal pages of their Federal Income Tax Returns. Dependent students must also submit parents returns. If supporting schedules are required, we will ask for them separately.
- Once your financial aid record is complete, a Financial Aid Award Notice will be prepared and mailed, usually within 3-5 working days.
- Follow the instructions enclosed with your Financial Aid Award Notice to acknowledge your awards by the date indicated in the letter.
- If you are planning to take advantage of any student loan opportunities, you must complete the required application/promissory note.
Students borrowing Direct or Perkins loans are required to complete entrance interviews.
Direct Loan Counseling and MPN
Changes in filing the FAFSA
The Department of Education has made important changes to how you file the FAFSA. Instead of waiting until you and/or your parents have completed tax returns for the previous year, you can now complete the FAFSA, using your tax information from two years prior. This means you will use your 2021 tax info for the 23-24 school year. Another change is that the filing date now starts on October 1. Now you can get an official Financial Aid offer from McPherson College as soon as late October/early November.
Policies & Resources
- Financial Aid forms and documents
- Code of Conduct Regarding Private Student Loans
- Financial Aid satisfactory academic progress policy
- Federal Student Aid Estimator
If you would like to receive an estimated financial aid award notice from McPherson College, please complete the Federal Student Aid Estimator. You will need to print and copy the output document and fax it to us at 620-241-8443. Using this information, we will help you create a scenario outlining the types and amounts of assistance you might receive so you’ll know what to expect and can plan accordingly.