Kirk MacGregor: Saturday, September 28, 2019
- “God’s Relation to the Natural World and Creation Care”
Sharon Yohn: Saturday, October 26, 2019
- “Faith Through Action: Effective approaches to solving the climate challenge”
Melanee Hamilton & Rick Polhamus (On Earth Peace Partnership): Saturday, November 9, 2019
- “We’d Prefer to Avoid That: Conflict in the congregation.”
Dustin Wilgers: Saturday, February 29, 2020
- “Examining the disconnect between society and the environment”
Dan Ulrich: Saturday, March 21, 2020
- “Creation Care and the Gospel of John”
Rhonda Pittman Gingrich: Saturday, April 18, 2020
- “Nurturing the spirit of the child without squelching the Spirit”
About the Courses
Equipping lay people of all ages and education levels with skills and understandings for faithful and dynamic Christian living, action, and leadership with special emphasis on small congregations.
Registering online is the preferred method. All course times are Central Time. There is no charge for courses; however, a suggested donation is invited.
Ventures courses, while not for college credit, offer high-quality instruction. The goal of the program is to empower lay people, especially in smaller congregations, to more effectively carry out the work of discipleship, following in Jesus’ footsteps to transform ourselves and the world. You are invited to journey with others on this new pathway sponsored by McPherson College.
Technology Requirements for Live Courses: If you can surf the web, you will be able to participate in our online courses! For the best experience, we recommend that you have a computer with high-speed internet connection and external powered speakers. We encourage several people to share a computer to participate in a course together! No camera or microphone needed for most courses.