Another school year almost ended! I can’t believe I have been in this office for almost a whole academic year. It is such a different McPherson College experience for me after 35 years in academic endeavors. However, I have enjoyed immensely my work this year with all of you. Dr. Clary has generously invited me to again participate in commencement this coming Sunday. However, instead of handing out diplomas and reading the graduates’ names I will be welcoming graduates into the Alumni Association. What an honor…
This year I have been able to travel across the nation and beyond, to Europe, and visit with many of you at alumni gatherings. To be able to reconnect with old friends and young alums has been great. And, thank you to all who contributed to the Power Day event! Dave and I had such fun seeing all of the comments we got about our “picture show.” You all have been generous with your support for students and the institution.
And, now looking ahead I want to let you know what we have planned for next year.
- June 29 – Nampa, Idaho Alumni Event
- July 11-15 – Annual Conference in Tampa, Florida
I hope to see many of you at the McPherson Alumni Luncheon. The college is underwriting more than 50% of the cost in order to make it more affordable for all to attend. The cost will be only $10 each.
- September 7-11 National Older Adult Conference in Lake Junaluska, North Carolina
- Late September – Colorado Alumni event
- October 9-11 Homecoming 2015 (Watch for a post card with schedule and online registration.)
- Late October – Camp Swatara Alumni Event
- January of 2016 – Phoenix area Alumni Event