college mcp-logo-header-white mcpherson

McPherson College Students Receive RPM Scholarships

McPherson College announced the names of four students from the automotive restoration program who were recognized as RPM Scholars. The students, all sophomores, are Scott Hayford, Spring Creek, Nevada, majoring in automotive restoration technology; Zachary Bredfield, Heppner, Oregon, majoring in automotive restoration history; Michael Halgren, Overland Park, Kansas, majoring in automotive technology; and Israel Acosta, Houston, Texas, majoring in automotive restoration technology.

RPM Foundation is an educational grant-making program of America’s Automotive Trust. RPM is funded by collector vehicle and classic boat enthusiasts to serve youth and young adults on their pathways to careers in automotive or marine restoration and preservation along with the long-term interests of the collector vehicle and boast communities.

“RPM Foundation’s mission to mentor and support young people on the path of auto restoration and preservation is a natural match for our work at McPherson College,” Amanda Gutierrez, vice president for automotive restoration, said. “We appreciate the longstanding support the college has received from them for our students.”

Each year the college selects students from the automotive restoration program to receive the scholarships.

“The RPM Foundation scholarship allows me to continue my dream and further my education at McPherson College with less financial stress, motivating me even more so to pursue the fantastic opportunities that are in front of me,” said Acosta.