The following is the capstone project list and presentation schedule of our 2015 seniors:
Senior Show receptions:
April 24, 2015 from 7-8:30pm
- Phoebe Barton
- Kala Tiemann
May 15, 2015 from 7-8:30pm
- Kevin Aka
- Xavier Bartee
- Cierra Bowers
- Kala Stevenson
- Nick Unruh
Presentations: April 24, 2015 from 11am-1pm
Templeton – Rm 5B
Senior Research Symposium: April 29, 2015 from noon to 4pm
12:00 pm – 1st Panel:
- Katelynn Reed Knowledge About the Effects of Alcohol on Pregnancy
- Jawaun Stuart Homosexuality and Society
- Trea Lott The Effects of Sports Participation on Academic Performance
- Carmen Carranza Bullying and Its Effect on Self Esteem
1:00 pm – 2nd Panel:
- Hailey Beckett Parental Divorce Has a Negative Effect on the Lives of Young Adults
- Lane Barton Social Influences on Adolescent Delinquency
- Emma Sheehan Sports Involvement and Moral Reasoning
- Oscar Cortez Fear on Campus
2:00 pm – 3rd Panel:
- Mason Turner Toward Drug Education
- Magenta Jackson The Bystander Project: College Edition
- Morgan Anderson Alcohol and Its Effect on Athletics
- Julian Nagata Internet Patterns and Social Anxiety
3:00 pm – 4th Panel:
- Sharica Pleasant Stress Among College Students: The Impact of Athletic Competition on Perceived Stress Level
- Haley Anderson, Socialization of Children: Developing Political Identities
- Jazmine Alexander The Effect of Motivational Potential on Self-Actualization
- Kenny Braden Parenting Styles and Delinquency
Marketing Research Presentations: May 4 & 6, 2015 5:00 pm.
- Victorjose Betancourt Institutional factors that affect student-athletes decision when committing to an athletic program.
- Derek Bevan Assessing McPherson College students’ attendance rate at sports events
- Cierra Bowers Assessing College students’ personal branding and how it leads to Self-Marketing
- Rebecca Hornung-Heeke Marketing to Generation Z in the McPherson Area
- Brian Johnson Determining Customers Satisfaction with 365 Sport Complex
- Benjamin Kimbrough Assessing Minority Satisfaction Level with McPherson College’s Service Marketing Strategy
- Ashlee Maier Institutional, situational and dispositional factors that affect students retention rate at McPherson College
- Kavoderic McIntyre Assessing Customer Preference and Involvement with the Downtown Underground Entertainment in McPherson
- Alexander Ronneburg Using the Gutenberg-Model to assess Nike’s pricing strategy for the Roshe Run and its impact on profits’
- Kayla Stevenson Measuring Students Satisfaction with Fresh Ideas Cafeteria
- Nicholas Unruh Reviewing Craft Coffee customer traffic and designing an effective marketing strategy
- Ste’fon Walker Evaluating Students Satisfaction with McPherson College Bookstore
Senior Presentations: April 20, 2015 from 4:00 to 5:00 pm.
Presenting the legacy stories of Paul and Joanna Hoffman, Dale and Beverly Minnich, and Ed and June Switzer.
Watch online on our Livestream channel.
- Traci Anderson
- Claire Crossman
- Megan Hamlett
- Laurina Hannan
- Thomas Potter
- Joel Stocksdale
Presentations: April 22, 2015 at 7pm
Mohler Hall – Rm 212
Watch online on our Livestream channel.
- Christopher Newell: “Nuclear Weapon Testing in the Pacific and its Effects on Marshall Islands’ Citizens”
- Scott Hughes: “’Fair’ly Troublesome for the Templars”
- Andrew Piña: “The History behind Mexican Railroad Labor Immigration”
- Christopher Le: “British Museums: Display and Identities of the 19th century to present.”
Senior Presentation: Wednesday, May 6 at 3:00 pm
- Lara Neher “The Cubic Equation”
The 32nd Annual Science Research Forum: April 17, 2015 at 2pm
- 1:05 – 1:55 Keynote Address: Stefan Bossman, Ph.D. Kansas State University: Nanotechnology
- 2:00 – 2:15 Shannon Coldren: Effectiveness of Antibacterial Soaps According to the Manufacturer
- 2:15 – 2:30 Allen Darmawan: The Effects of Sleep Deprivation on Alpha Waves
- 2:30 – 2:45 McKenna Deckard: Lipase Related Growth in E.coli K-12
- 2:45 – 3:00 Jessica Dominguez: Monkey Species Forest Preference in the Osa Peninsula of Costa Rica
- 3:15 – 3:30 Sydney Lipton: Is Clostridium perfringens Present in Soil Samples From Central Kansas?
- 3:30 – 3:45 Nathaniel D. Schowengerdt: What is the Diversity of Sub-Canopy Web Building Spiders in Three Separate Regions of Puerto Rico?
- 3:45 – 4:00 Jordan Stewart: How Does Caspase-3 Affect Apoptosis and Cell Death in Cancer Cell line SW480?
- 4:00 – 4:15 Octavio J. Villa: The Effects of Spathiphyllum Cochlearispathum Plants on Indoor Airborne Spores
Senior Presentations: May 5, 2015 at 7pm
- Makenzie Frank “El Mundial y Los Juegos Olímpicos No Ayudarán Mucho A La Economía Brasileña” (The World Cup and The Olympics Will Not Help The Brazilian Economy)
- Colby Patton “Comparing Two Spanish Classrooms: Textbook-Based Classrooms versus Comprehensible Input Classrooms”
- Gabriela Navarro “La politica de Venezuela” (The Politics of Venezuela)
- Crystal Allmon is student teaching in the 3rd grade @ Inman Elementary.
- Scott Crist is student teaching in the 4th grade @ Lincoln Elementary.
- Scott Hughes is at Canton-Galva Jr/Sr High School student teaching Social Studies.
- Lara Neher is @ McPherson High student teaching math.
- Colby Patton is @ Hutchinson High School student teaching Spanish.
- Andrew Pina is @ Newton High School student teaching Social Studies.
- Sunny Smart is student teaching in the 3rd grade @ Roosevelt Elementary.
- Corrina Spence is student teaching in the 2nd grade @ Lincoln Elementary.