The Kansas National Guard Educational Assistance provides a percentage of tuition and fees for full or part time students that are enlisted members of a Kansas Air/Army National Guard unit. The Kansas National Guard Educational Assistance does not need to be repaid.
Forms and Procedures to Apply
To apply for Kansas National Guard Educational Assistance, students must:
- Apply to and be accepted to McPherson College
- Submit a State of Kansas Student Aid Application. This application is available in several formats and is available at: http://www.kansasregents.org/students/student_financial_aid/scholarships_and_grants
- Have a commanding officer submit KBOR 6006-A Form available at the previous web address
To be eligible for the Kansas National Guard Educational Assistance at McPherson College, students must:
- Submit all forms for application by May 1st of each year
- Be a Kansas resident
- Be a current member of a Kansas Air/Army National Guard unit
- Agree to complete their current obligation to the Kansas Air or Army National Guard unit plus 3 months for every semester or assistance
Criteria for recipient selection
The Kansas Board of Regents determines the recipients of the Kansas National Guard Educational Assistance.
Criteria for award amount
Recipients receive a percentage of tuition based on the number of applicants and available appropriations.
Criteria for continued eligibility
To continue receiving Kansas National Guard Educational Assistance, students must:
- Meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements as explained in the college catalog each semester
- Remain a Kansas resident
- Maintain satisfactory participation in the Kansas National Guard