McPherson College welcomes applications for the position of Assistant Athletic Trainer. This is a 10-month, full-time, exempt position for the College. This position is eligible for college benefits, which include robust retirement and generous tuition remission benefits.
The ideal candidate will assist in the instruction, supervision, planning, and coordination of the assessment and treatment of injuries for all student-athletes of McPherson College. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing proper medical coverage as directed by the Head Athletic Trainer. Coverage can, but may not be limited to, home events, away events and other camps or practices.
This ideal candidate will assist the Head Athletic Trainer with insurance claims processing and proper medical documentation through maintaining quality medical records on McPherson College student-athletes. Furthermore, the ideal candidate will assist in supervision of athletic training work-study students, as well as the maintenance of inventory through regular inventory checkups. There may also be an opportunity to assist the team Orthopedic in their facility with intake, evaluation and care of patients.
The candidate will perform other duties as requested by the Head Athletic Trainer or Director of Athletics.
Travel is an expectation of this position and some evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Certifications: NATABOC certified, Kansas licensure or eligible, Current First Aid/CPR/AED Certification
- Experience: Prefer experience as an assistant athletic trainer or previous experience in the profession.
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Interpersonal Skills: Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communications skills are necessary. The ability to multi-task and possess good organizational skills are required.
- Other Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office products is required. Proficiency with Vivature software preferred.
Please complete the online application below and include your cover letter, resume and one professional reference letter.