Auto Restoration Admissions
Do something you can’t do anywhere else: earn your bachelor’s degree in automotive restoration technology.
Tour the auto restoration facilities, see faculty demos, and meet one-on-one with faculty and students in the program. Students are encouraged to visit early in their senior year as enrollment in the Automotive Restoration Technology Program is limited.
Individuals interested in studying Automotive Restoration Technology must be admitted separately to the program after being admitted to the College. Enrollment in the Automotive Restoration Technology Program is limited to 40 new students including 5 degree-holding transfers. To be admitted into the Automotive Restoration Technology Program, an applicant must:
- Apply to McPherson College. Submit the free, online application to McPherson College.
- Submit required documents. High school students/first-time freshmen must provide a state-certified high school transcript or GED and corresponding standardized test scores. Transfer students must provide official copies of transcript(s) from all college(s) and an official copy of high school transcripts or a GED certificate. See Admissions Requirements page.
- Acceptance to McPherson College. You will be notified if all requirements are met and you are accepted to McPherson College.
- Apply for candidacy to the Automotive Restoration Program. Prepare and upload a portfolio, essay and resume to Slideroom. Please see upload requirements below.
- Submit Enrollment Deposit. Upon acceptance into the Automotive Restoration Program, students must submit a $250 deposit to reserve their place. The non-refundable deposit will be applied to her/his tuition. Early applications are encouraged because the size of the program is limited.
Prepare and Upload the Following Materials to Slideroom:
- A brief statement of interest (between 100 – 500 words) describing the applicant’s motivation for seeking a bachelor’s degree in Automotive Restoration Technology at McPherson College;
- A resume outlining applicant’s education, activities, honors, employment, service and leadership experience where applicable;
- Submit 6 to 25 images that represent applicant’s aptitude for restoring antique automobiles or motorcycles, where applicable. Personal experience in automotive restoration is beneficial, but examples of an applicant’s skills and/or craftsmanship in other areas are acceptable. Images that show a progression of work or that illustrates work in process are particularly meaningful to reviewers. All images should be accompanied by captions. The captions may be included in the images themselves, added to the end of applicant’s statement of interest, or uploaded as a separate file.
Submit the aforementioned materials to Slideroom. There is a $12 fee that must be paid to Slideroom for use of this service. Once accepted to the College, applicant’s materials will be reviewed in their entirety. Due to the high demand for this program, we are now on a waitlist for applicants interested in attending for fall 2023. If interested, you can still submit your portfolio for the automotive restoration program, but you will be placed on the waitlist, dependent on your portfolio results. Applicants who get to move off the waitlist will be notified by phone and letter regarding the outcome of their portfolio submission.
If you need additional clarification on portfolio submissions, reach out to Meghan Iglehart at [email protected].
The Endowed Scholarships listed below have been established through the generosity and desire of our donors to assist future generations of students in attending McPherson College. These gifts fund the existing McPherson College Scholarship and Grant Program. Students must complete the FAFSA to be considered.
- FJ Foundation Scholarship – FJ Foundation
- Franklin Club/David T. Doman Memorial Shcolarship Fund – Joan Doman and H.H. Franklin Club
- Fred Duesenberg Memorial Scholarship – Jay Leno and Peter Heydon
- Sharon and David Hewitt Endowed Scholarship
- Holden Family Memorial Scholarship – The Family of John Holden
- Jackson Family Memorial Scholarship – Craig Jackson and the Barrett-Jackson Auction Company
- Meguiar Family Endowed Scholarship in Automobile Restoration – Meguiar Car Care Products
- Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance® Scholarship – Pebble Beach Company Foundation and Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance®
- Rolls-Royce Foundation Scholarship – Rolls-Royce Foundation
In addition to these outstanding scholarships, McPherson College is pleased to recognize the following donors who provide scholarship funds to assist our students. We are grateful for their generous support of the Automotive Restoration Technology Program.
- American Bugatti Club
- Antique Automobile Club of America
- Classic Car Club of America
- The Collectors Foundation
- Crown Victoria Association of America
- Gaines Billue Trust
- Gene F. Vance Memorial Scholarship
- Horseless Carriage Club of America
- Jay Leno/Popular Mechanics
- McPherson Area Cruisers
- Mercedes-Benz USA
- Mercedes-Benz Club of America, Inc.
- Model-T Ford Club International
- Pebble Beach Company Foundation Phil Hill Scholarship – Pebble Beach Company Foundation and Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance®
Outside Organization Scholarships
- SEMA: https://www.sema.org/scholarships
- TechForce: https://www.techforcefoundation.org/scholarships
- American Muscle: https://www.americanmuscle.com/scholarships.html